PSL makes extensive use of Twitter for News, Results and other updates using the @PSLsquash twitter account.
Nottingham: @NSRCPSL| Pontefract: @PonteSquashClub
Leicester: @LeicesterSquash | Birmingham: @UBSportPSL | Bristol: @elitesquash
Surrey: @VA_SurreyPSL | Chichester: @CRAFC1
St George’s: @DannyLeeSquash | Coolhurst: @CoolhurstTweets | Bexley: @Bexley_Squash
Note: It’s the responsibility of the home club to tweet – as a minimum – the five full results in each match.
Top Twitter Tips
Twitter seems to be the ideal way to keep up to date with what’s happening on PSL evenings, with players, clubs and fans all getting involved in the action.
If you want to stay in touch with what’s happening, you can fire up this site where the twitter widget on the right fits in nicely with the auto-refreshing results page, and/or you can set your preferred twitter client (we like TweetDeck) to search for pslsquash.
All the little updates are great, but what we really need are the final results of each match, so here’s a few little tips, aimed mainly at the home club, who are responsible for getting the results through:
- You only need the #pslsquash tag to get through, directing it to other tags or users is unnecessary (for us, you may want to tag them anyway of course). Conversely, if you don’t use #pslsquash we may not see it and you may not get full recognition …
- Don’t leave us dangling, or piecing a result together from snippets, give us the FULL RESULT at the end of each match, as in …
- Joe Bloggs 3-0 Bill Smith 11-6, 11-3, 11-2 (37m) (or Joe 0-3 Bill 6-11, 3-11, 2-11 (37m)
- Please do quote the home player first, as turning them round does our head in (and leads to mistakes)
- Interim scores are great, but at the end of each game is probably enough, unless something spectacular happens
- Tweet a few PHOTOS if you can – teams at the start, the crowd, the spectators, the meals, a bit of action although that’s tricky, so go for atmosphere and emotion. Maybe post the scorecard at the end ? We’ll add photos to each round’s roundup page, and to the Gallery.
(*=useless, *****=excellent based on the last two seasons)
- Nottingham ***
- Pontefract ***
- Leicester ****
- Coolhurst **
- Birmingham *****
- Surrey ****
- Chichester **
- Bristol *
- St George’s **
- Bexley *