If you want to stay in touch with what’s happening, you can fire up this site where the twitter widget on the right fits in nicely with the auto-refreshing results page, and/or you can set your preferred twitter client (we like TweetDeck) to search for the #pslsquash hashtag.
All the little updates are great, but what we really need are the final results of each match, so here’s a few little tips, aimed mainly at the home club, who are responsible for getting the results through:
- You only need the #pslsquash tag to get through, directing it to other tags or users is unnecessary (conversely, if you don’t use #pslsquash it won’t appear on the page or on other user’s listings and may get lost)
- Don’t leave us dangling, or piecing a result together from snippets, give us the FULL RESULT at the end of each match, as in …
- Joe Bloggs 3-0 Bill Smith 11-6, 11-3, 11-2 (37m) (or Joe 0-3 Bill 6-11, 3-11, 2-11 (37m)
- Please do quote the home player first, as turning them round does our head in (and leads to mistakes)
- Interim scores are great, but at the end of each game is probably enough, unless something spectacular happens
- Tweet a few PHOTOS if you can – teams at the start, the crowd, the spectators, the meals, a bit of action although that’s tricky, so go for atmosphere and emotion. Maybe post the scorecard at the end ? We’ll add photos to each round’s roundup page, and to the Gallery.
Official Club Twitter Accounts:
Duffield: @Duffield_Squash | Nottingham: @NottinghamSRC | Pontefract: @PonteSquashClub
Leicester: @LeicesterSquashClub | Coolhurst: @CoolhurstTweets | Birmingham: @UBSportPSL
Surrey: @VA_SurreyPSL | Chichester: @CRAFC1 | Bristol: @elitesquash
St George’s: @ | Winchester: @winchesterpsl | Exeter: @devonandexeter
That’s your Top Twitter Tips for now
have fun !!!